Today was the official one-year anniversary of the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, according to World Health Organization officials. It is also the day President Joe Biden signed the American Rescue Plan, the Democratic-sponsored and Republican-condemned plan to deal with the economic damage done to American families, businesses, and state governments. New relief funds to Americans will begin distribution as early as this weekend.
In other news of the day:
• Prosecutors are circling around Oath Keepers founder Rhodes for his role in Jan. 6 insurrection
• Jury swiftly acquits Iowa journalist for arrest while covering BLM protests
• Arkansas governor signs near-total abortion ban in latest bid to erase Roe v. Wade
• State officials are using multiple excuses to withhold vaccine from communities of color
• College athletes ask NCAA to withdraw championships from states with anti-trans sports bans
From the community:
• Dominion now has proof of damages
• Trump’s Own DOD Chief Says Trump Started the Riot
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.